When your child is diagnosed with childhood cancer, you start trying to figure out why your kid got cancer when there are millions of other children who don’t? To your knowledge, every year, around 300,000 new cases of cancer are detected among teenagers and young adults only. Childhood cancer rates are increasing rapidly for past few decades and continue to ruin the lives of children and their families worldwide. There are several types of cancer that more likely affect the kids who have an increased number of immature or abnormal white blood cells produced by the bone marrow.
Here Capitol Hospital, a leading cancer hospital in Punjab, is proud to support such kids and parents by educating them on the types, treatments, and facts of childhood cancer so that they can fight against it.
Have a look at some facts that are important for everyone to understand.
- The average age of a child diagnosed with cancer is 6 years.
- Leukemia is the number one disease killer of children in the U.S
- 80% of children having cancer are from burgeoning countries.
- Globally, every 2 minutes, a child is diagnosed with cancer.
- Cancer developed in children is purely different from cancer developed in adults.
- For survivors of kids cancer, a regular medical check-up is vital.
- Even a single penny from a single donator can make a difference.
- In the U.S, 1 in 5 children diagnosed with cancer die.
- Childhood Cancer has different types and subtypes discovered by the researchers.
- During 1950’s, cancer was considered a death sentence for a child.
- Childhood Cancer must be diagnosed early in the kids so that it will not spread to the other parts of the body.
- In Australia, mostly boys are diagnosed with the cancer disease.
Most of the cancer patients don’t have enough budgets to treat with this illness, so for them, capitol hospital is the only solution. Our skilled approach at cancer is bound to help our patients survive and thrive.