Tik Tok Tik Tok. What is this, you ask. This is the sound of time passing. The time is gradually passing at its usual pace and your weight too is increasing making you more prone to numerous diseases.
Stroke is one of them. You become more prone to stroke if you are obese or overweight. The experts at Capitol Hospital will discuss stroke and the effect of overweight on stroke in detail so that you can become more aware of it.
HOW BEING OVERWEIGHT INCREASES THE RISK OF STROKE
Blood pressure is the pressure of circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels in the human body.
Normal blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg. There are two numbers at play here. The first number is your systolic blood pressure (120). Systolic is the highest pressure when your heart beats and pushes the blood around your body. The second one is your diastolic blood pressure (80). Diastolic is the lowest pressure when your heart relaxes between the beats. A condition in which the force of the blood flow against the artery walls is too high is known as High blood pressure. Obesity results in high blood pressure. High blood pressure is one of the most prominent causes of strokes.
When the pressure in the blood vessels increases, the vessels carrying blood to the brain can burst or encounter a blood clot. This rupturing of the blood vessel results in a stroke.
The risk of stroke can be reduced by keeping your blood pressure under control. The best way to do that is by reducing your weight and maintaining it according to the BMI.
TIPS TO MANAGE YOUR WEIGHT
- Eat 4-5 smaller portions of food in a day, rather than having 2-3 large ones.
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Exercise daily and maintain your weight in the normal range of BMI.
- Avoid junk foods like pizzas, burgers etc.
- Make your food rich in nutrients, vitamins, and
- Include a lot of green leafy vegetables in your food.
- Avoid carbonated beverages as they are rich in just sugar and nothing else.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Eat lots of seasonal fruits.
- Manage your calorie intake and burn the extra calories through exercise.
The weight loss is the best way in which you can manage your health and protect yourself from many diseases. Your blood pressure, cholesterol can be regulated and risk of many diseases can be avoided.