Has obesity affected your mobility and health severely? Then, it is the time you should consider a bariatric treatment because obesity is not just a condition in which the body possesses excessive body fat but it is a serious problem that could put one’s health at risk. As obesity leads to life-threatening medical conditions, so it is better to get rid of this health disorder fast.
Bariatric Surgery – What it is?
Bariatric surgery is a treatment to make changes to the digestive system so that you can lose weight easily. There are various types of bariatric surgeries: some make your stomach smaller that keeps you feel full sooner by reducing your eating portions while other changes your small intestine (your body part that absorbs nutrients and calories from foods).
Who’s eligible for Bariatric Surgery?
Have you ever tried losing weight by exercising and strict dieting, but didn’t get the desired results? Then you are eligible for Bariatric surgery. Especially if your BMI is between 32.5 to 37.5 or more than 37.5 combined with sleep apnea, hypertension, and diabetes.
Preparations before Bariatric surgery
1. Start pre-op education months before the surgery.
2. Undergo medical check-up.
3. Change your eating habits.
4. Start Exercising and track your calorie intake.
5. Quit drinking and smoking.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
1. Improvement in Obesity-related Disorders.
2. Bariatric Surgery treats obese patients having Type 2 diabetes and high blood sugar levels.
3. Aches and pains due to obesity go away after Bariatric Surgery.
4. Patient experience improvement in mobility and health.
5. Stress-related disorders can also be resolved by Bariatric Surgery.
Risks with Bariatric Surgery
1. In some cases, it carries a few risks after eating such as nausea, vomiting, bloating, excessive sweating, diarrhea, and faintness, etc.
2. Stomach Ulcers and blood clot in the lungs are other complications with Bariatric Surgery.
3. Rarely, lung failure or heart attack occurs during surgery.
4. Possible long term complications are Depression, malnutrition and hair loss, etc.
To conclude, if you are hoping to find a solution for your obesity then the right guidance from an expert doctor is highly advised. You can visit Capitol Hospital, leading bariatric surgery center in Jalandhar to get detailed information on Bariatric Surgery Cost, Diet, and Risks.