Department of Neuro Surgery
Through world-class, patient-focused care; innovative clinical and laboratory research; and specialized training, Department of Neuro Surgery at Capitol provides complete neuro-surgical expertise to patients; both clinical and surgical with cranial & spinal diseases and disorders. Our specialists offer an array of services including cerebro vascular, spinal, functional, traumatic, tumor, and pediatric neurosurgery.
The Department of Neuro Surgery at Capitol is fully equipped to perform all types of surgeries for a wide range of illnesses.
- Congenital diseases of the brain and spine and other illnesses affecting children
- Tumours of the brain, spine and spinal cord
- Vascular diseases such as aneurysms and vascular malformations
- Degenerative disc and other spinal diseases
- Instrumentation of the spine and the cranio-vertebral junction
- Diseases of the pituitary gland
- Stroke and hemorrhage in the brain and spinal cord
- Brain tumours (Supra Tentorial and Infra Tentorial)
- Skull base tumours
- Spine tumours
- Anterior Cervical Micro Discectomy
- Lumbar Micro Discectomy
- Head injuries
- Spine injuries
- VP shunt surgery
- Congenital anomaly correction
- Brain & spine tumours excision
- Spinal dysraphism anomaly correction
- Spine Surgery
- Stabilization of fracture spine
- Spinal tumors
- Stroke surgery
Medical management of Neurological disorders:
- Seizure disorders
- Movement disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
The management of brain tumors includes treating benign and malignant tumors.
Vascular disorders of brain:
Capitol is one of the few hospitals in the region treating abnormalities of the blood vessels of the brain and spine. This includes aneurysms and vascular malformation of complex types.
Traumatic and other spinal disorders:
Age related and other degenerative conditions of the spine like disc prolapse, spondylolisthesis, complex craniovertebral junction anomalies and other conditions of the vertebral column like traumatic spine fractures are treated here regularly.
In treatment options, we offer range from routine microdiscectomies to artificial disc replacement surgeries of the lumbar and cervical spine.
Various spinal tumors including meningiomas, schwannomas, ependymomas, gliomas etc are treated using most advanced intra-operative monitoring modalities to give an optimal outcome and maximize functional recovery of the patient.
Disorders like congenital hydrocephalus, spina bifida and tethered cord are treated . Congenital craniofacial anomalies are managed in conjunction with the specialists of maxillofacial surgery and plastic surgery.
Brain and spine trauma:
The neuro surgical trauma care attend to wide range of brain and complex spine trauma which usually need emergent surgical treatment.
- Brain Tumour surgery
- Brain Aneurysm Surgery
- Head Injury Treatment
- Disc Replacement
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery- Stereotactic, Endoscopic and endoscope-assisted surgery
- Spine surgery
- Skull base surgery
The Department of Neuro Surgery at Capitol is supported by top of the line dedicated neurosurgical operation theaters equipped with:
- Carl Zeiss Operative Microscopes
- Kapalin Drill System
- Neuro Endoscopy
- Siemens C-arm machine for DSA
- Digital recording and documentation facilities