Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics*
The distinguished faculty of Capitol at Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department provides modern comprehensive diagnostic and treatment modalities in a caring atmosphere for women through all stages of their of their life; through teenage, pregnancy and menopause.
Our specialized & expert medical team offers advanced maternity services for normal and high risk pregnancies, postpartum and family planning services, infertility screening and treatments along with all endoscopic gynecological operations, conventional gynecology surgeries and medical therapies.
Capitol’s Obstetrics and Gynecology department is without doubt one of the most committed and dedicated to patient care which makes it the best in the region. Cancer screening for perimenopausal women using colposcopy and papsmear and HPV – CO Testing is also available.
Being one of the best Obstetrics and Gynecology department in the city, our effort remains to keep up that standard which our patients expect from us. For better functioning, we have kept our Obstetrics and Gynaecology services apart, here’s listing out both:
Capitol Hospital, being a tertiary care center, is well equipped for handling all types of high risk pregnancies and emergencies related to pregnancy and labor. Besides the routine obstetric care for uncomplicated pregnancies, specialized care is provided in high risk cases.
- Evaluation and management of recurrent miscarriages.
- Screening and management of pre-term labor and PPROM
- Management of critically ill obstetric patients which can include HELLP syndrome, APH , eclampsia, obstetric shock.
- Management of pregnancies complicated with maternal disorders like hypertension, diabetes, cardiac diseases, collagen vascular disorders, hematologic disorders etc.
- Management of pregnancies associated with gynecologic conditions such as fibroids, ovarian tumors, prolapsed uterus etc.
Our surgical team at Capitol is performing all routine and complicated surgeries related to woman’s reproductive organs. Minimally invasive surgical procedures include:
- Uterine surgeries – myomectomy, rudimentary horn excision, adenomyomectomy, total laparoscopic
- Hysterectomy, laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy.
- Tubal surgeries – adhesiolysis, tubal surgeries for ectopic gestation, salpingectomy.
- Ovarian surgeries – follicular puncture, ovarian biopsy, cystectomy, adhesiolysis, ovariotomy.
- Hysteroscopic procedures – septum resection, myomectomy, polypectomy, tubal cannulation.
- Disorders like primary amenorrhea, hirsutism, hyperprolactinemia, polycystic ovarian disease, premature menopause are dealt with by special coordination between this department along with endocrinology.
- Interventional radiological procedures such as uterine artery embolization available for the treatment of uterine fibroids.
*Not Included in scope of services under NABH accreditation.